Top 5 - gisteren
- Albert Heijn test plasticvrije groenten- en fruitafdeling
- Grote controles bij ruim twintig fruithandelaren in Brabant
- Asperges met zeven Michelinsterren in Zwitserland
- "Meeste grote Europese retailers schakelen rond week 16 om naar Hollandse paprika's
- Er komt een bananenplantage in de Gelderse Vallei
Top 5 - afgelopen week
Top 5 - afgelopen maand
Weer & verkeer
Job offer - Citrus farm manager - Can Tho, Vietnam
The leading fresh produce company of Vietnam is looking for a Citrus farm manager based in Can Tho
The Fruit Republic’s mission is to let the world discover the fantastic Vietnamese fruit and vegetables, and to make the Vietnamese consumer proud again of their own home-grown food. Since 2009, we
have worked passionately to achieve this mission and have developed The Fruit Republic into the most professional fresh produce company of Vietnam. The Fruit Republic is the only fresh produce company in Vietnam which is certified according to the following standards: GlobalGAP, HACCP, Tesco Nurture, GRASP, EU-Organic, ETI-Sedex and BRC grade A. We have two independent business units, one
focussing on vegetables, based in the Central Highlands, and one focussing on fruits, based in the Mekong Delta. Together these business units employ over 450 staff.
The Fruit Republic sources its fruits from two different sources. First, from its own corporate farms and secondly from a loyal group of contract farmers. Our contract farmers are supported and controlled by our teams of agronomists and quality controllers, to help them to comply with the highest international standards, as well helping them to improve their overall farm performance.
The Fruit Republic has state-of-the-art pack houses in Can Tho and Dalat, and distribution centres in HCMC, Hanoi and the Netherlands.
To further professionalise our extension team and our contract farmers we are looking for an experienced Citrus farm manager to be based in Can Tho.
For more information about The Fruit Republic, visit our website http://www.thefruitrepublic.com
To complete our sourcing team working in the Mekong Delta, we are looking for an experienced citrus farmer, who has a successful track record with managing conventional and preferably also organic
The main responsibilities of this position are:
• Setup a citrus demo and R&D farm, one for organic citrus and one for conventional citrus, which can be used to demonstrate and train our smallholder contract farmers
• Develop and test a wide range of different production technologies to demonstrate value adding technologies, which will increase the productivity and profitability of local citrus orchards. For example drip fertigation systems, which is new for citrus farmers in the Mekong Delta.
• Create training programs for every aspect of conventional and organic citrus farming
• Train our extension team to successfully introduce improved farming practices to our contract farmers
• Develop monitoring and feedback systems to track the performance of farmers and the extension team in the extension program, and use these (quantitative) data to benchmark farmers and improve their farm management
The location: the dream for a citrus farmer
The Mekong Delta has the potential to develop into the most important fruit supply area for Urban Asia in the coming years. Blessed with a fantastic constant tropical climate, rich soils and very entrepreneurial farmers, high quality fruits can be grown year-round. Over 300,000 hectares of tropical fruits are being grown here. With the booming Asian economies, young growing populations, and rapid urbanisation, there is an urgent need for good quality, sustainably produced and healthy
fruits. With its own extension team of agronomists, dedicated contract farmers, its state-of-the-art facilities, The Fruit Republic is playing a key and leading role in professionalising the fruit sector of Vietnam. Our office and packhouse is located in Can Tho, the charming capital of the Mekong Delta. A city with 1.5 million people, which is developing rapidly, but has kept the charm and friendliness for which the Mekong Delta is famous in Vietnam. For the past twenty years, Vietnam has been in the top 3 of the fastest growing economies of the world. With a strong domestic market of 96 million people, a very motivated, entrepreneurial and eagerly learning workforce, Vietnam is one of the nicest and
safest countries to work in the world.
Desired qualifications and skills: our dream candidate
You combine a good education, such as a MSc degree in agronomy or horticulture, with work experience in citrus farming. Our dream candidate is a son or a daughter of an (organic) citrus farmer, who always loved working on the family farm, studied at an agriculture university, and has his/her first five years of work experience in the citrus sector. You are now looking for a job with a big impact. Instead of working hard on making a very small impact, in already very much optimised production systems, you will have the chance to pioneer in the amazing Mekong Delta, with a great team, where still big breakthroughs in productivity can be made. With 300,000 hectares of tropical fruit, all
managed by smallholders, your work will positively impact the lives of thousands of smallholders and their families.
Qualifications and skills
• MSc degree agronomy or horticulture
• A minimum of five years’ work experience within the citrus sector as agronomist, farm manager, or extensionist
• Practical experience with conventional and organic citrus production systems
• Able to develop and implement successful extension systems
• Experience in setting up, monitoring, analyzing and reporting upon applied trials
• A pioneer who enjoys being part of a young, dynamic, and fast-growing company in one of the most rapidly developing countries in the world
• Result-driven and passionate for excellence
If you are interested in this position, please send us your motivation letter and CV to: