Top 5 - gisteren
- Albert Heijn test plasticvrije groenten- en fruitafdeling
- Grote controles bij ruim twintig fruithandelaren in Brabant
- Asperges met zeven Michelinsterren in Zwitserland
- "Meeste grote Europese retailers schakelen rond week 16 om naar Hollandse paprika's
- Er komt een bananenplantage in de Gelderse Vallei
Top 5 - afgelopen week
Top 5 - afgelopen maand
Weer & verkeer
Job offer - Commercial Director - Dalat, Vietnam
The leading fresh produce company of Vietnam is looking for a Commercial Director based in Dalat
The Fruit Republic’s mission is to let the world discover the fantastic Vietnamese fruit and vegetables, and to make the Vietnamese consumer proud again of their own home-grown food. Since 2009, we
have worked passionately to achieve this mission and have developed The Fruit Republic into the most professional fresh produce company of Vietnam. The Fruit Republic is the only fresh produce company in Vietnam which is certified according to the following standards: GlobalGAP, HACCP, Tesco Nurture, GRASP, EU-Organic, ETI-Sedex and BRC grade A. We have two independent business units, one
focussing on vegetables, based in the Central Highlands, and one focussing on fruits, based in the Mekong Delta. Together these business units employ over 450 staff.
The Fruit Republic sources its vegetables from two different sources. First, from its own corporate farms and secondly from a loyal group of contract farmers. Our corporate vegetable farm consists out of 6 ha state-of-the-art greenhouses, which we are expanding to 10 hectares. Our contract farmers are supported and controlled by our teams of agronomists and quality controllers, to help them to comply with the highest international standards, as well helping them to improve their overall farm performance.
Because of the growth of our vegetable business unit and our desire to further professionalise, we are
looking for a Commercial Director to be based in Dalat.
For more information about The Fruit Republic, visit our website http://www.thefruitrepublic.com
To lead our Dalat team, we are looking for a Commercial Director who has a successful track record with managing a globalgap and haccp certified vegetable operations. The Commercial Director will
oversee the sourcing, operations and sales of the business. This role will have full P&L responsibility up to and including the annual budget planning process and annual operating plan execution. He/she will work closely with the Sourcing, Operations, Quality and Sales Teams to ensure production and sales volume are aligned, ensure quality, increase productivity and profitability. The main
responsibilities of this position are:
● Develop budgets and targets, overseeing all financial results and responds accurate to these
● Drive future expansion, identifying areas of cost reduction and profitability.
● Oversee daily operations of the business
● Coordinate the development of key performance goals for functions and direct reports
● Provide sound leadership, direction and inspiration to the teams
● Ensure the development of tactical programs to pursue targeted goals and objectives
● Maintain a thorough understanding of the market, trends and commercial opportunities
that the business could exploit.
● Ensure overall delivery and quality of the Company’s produce to customers
● Engage in key or targeted customer activities
● Oversee key hiring and talent development programs
● Evaluate and decide upon key investments in equipment, infrastructure, and talent development
● Communicate strategy and results to the employees
● Report key results to the Board of Directors (BOD)
● Engage with BOD in broader organizational strategic planning
Dalat, located at an altitude of 1600m, is the capital of Lam Dong province in Vietnam’s Central Highlands. It is centred around a lake and surrounded by hills, pine and tropical forests, lakes and waterfalls. Due to its distinctive temperate climate it has the potential to develop into one of the most important vegetable production areas for urban Asia in the coming years. Over 50,000 hectares of vegetables are being grown here. With the booming Asian economies, young growing populations,
and rapid urbanisation, there is an urgent need for good quality, sustainably produced and healthy vegetables. Our office, packhouse and greenhouses are in Da Ron, 35 km from Dalat city. Dalat is a
booming tourist city of half a million people, attracting both local and foreign tourists for its charming surroundings and its cool temperatures, being a pleasant change to the tropical temperatures elsewhere in Vietnam.
You will be operating in a competitive environment, where on the one hand traditional vegetable wholesalers move large volumes with very small margins, while at the same time large conglomerates
are discovering agriculture and investing in high tech farming. At the same time, the Vietnamese economy, with close to 100 million people, has for the past 20 years been growing on average 7% per
year. A middle class is developing which wants good quality and guaranteed safe food.
Desired qualifications and skills: our dream candidate
You combine a good education, such as a MSc degree in business management or horticulture, with work experience in the fresh produce industry. Our dream candidate has a strong commercial sense and a proven passion for fresh produce. You have experience in managing globalgap certified sourcing systems, developing effective (certified) packhouse operations, ensuring production and sales teams
set and achieve joint targets, lead business development and support the sales and marketing team in developing strong commercial relations with clients.
Qualifications and skills
● Experience at a commercial management level running a 100 fte sized fresh produce business
● Excellent commercial and management skills
● Business, planning and financial management skills
● Excellent communication and influencing skills
● Ability to develop, motivate and positively lead individual people and teams
● A commercial thinker with a passion for business development and to support the sales team in
building relations with existing and new clients
● High degree of self-motivation, flexibility and enthusiasm
● Intellectually smart and able to “roll the sleeves up and get things done”
● A strong work ethic, disciplined and an ability to perform within a fast-paced Asian environment
● Fluent in English
If you are interested in this position, please send us your motivation letter and CV to: