- Business Consultant (landelijk)
- Loodsmedewerk(st)ers Groente en Fruit
- Global Sourcing Manager
- Business Unit Manager Importeurs & Exporteurs
- Docent Teelt
- Buying Operations Manager (BOM Process)
- Internationaal accountmanager Duitsland
- Manager Operations Ethiopia
- Quality controller
Top 5 - gisteren
Top 5 - afgelopen week
- Dodelijke slachtoffers en miljoenenschade aan tuinbouw door overstromingen in Italië
- Tomatencongres maakt zich geen illusies: 'business as usual' komt niet meer terug
- Gewasbeschermingsdiscussie weer aangeslingerd door uitzending Jinek
- Teel je in China bonen of meloenen? Dan komt de landbouwpolitie op je af...
- Opnieuw hevige regen en zelfs hagel in Italiaanse Emilia Romagna
Top 5 - afgelopen maand
- Transportbedrijf T. Vreugdenhil viert driemaal feest
- Hevige concurrentie voor Turkse watermeloenen
- Onzekerheid over Marokkaanse watermeloenoogst
- Faillissement uitgesproken over Rodenburg Fresh Food en Fruta del Huerto
- "Turkije op weg om één van de grootste zachtfruitleveranciers van Europa te worden"
Manager Operations Ethiopia
Are you experienced in Operational Management within a production company in horticulture and do you have knowledge in agronomy? Are you looking for a challenging job where you can gain relevant international work experience? And are you also able to manage multiple departments, without directly taking on the work yourself… Then Florensis Ethiopia is looking for you!
Manager Operations Ethiopia
Florensis is a leading family business in the international floriculture sector, founded in 1941. With production and breeding locations in the Netherlands, Germany, Portugal, Spain, Kenya and Ethiopia, we are able to create the optimum growing conditions for each variety.
With over 2,500 employees, we annually supply an assortment of 4,000 plant varieties to 8,000 professional growers in more than 50 countries.
Corporate social responsibility is just as obvious to us as offering the best quality with the highest delivery reliability. Florensis strives to be the most reliable, innovative and sustainable breeder and propagator. And you have the chance to contribute to that!
In Ethiopia, Florensis has 3 production locations that are relatively close to each other in the region around Koka. This region is easily accessible from the capital, so it is neither desolate nor hectic. The farm is located at an altitude above 2000 meters, which ensures a friendly, moderate climate. Due to its location in relation to the equator, the daytime is always around 12 hours all year round. This farm has a surface of 14 ha and produces 125 million cuttings a year, divided over 75 species and over 750 varieties. This makes this farm the Florensis farm with the highest complexity.
You will live on compound with 4 houses for other expats within the boundaries of the farm, surrounded by a beautiful garden with a huge diversity of birds and plants. Of course in your own private house.
Responsible for the production process of cuttings for the international garden plant market
- Responsible for the Production and Agronomy departments, including R&D, Propagation and Quality Control.
- Replace the General Manager when he is absent.
- Direct management, supervision and development of 6 department heads. Indirectly responsible for more than 700 employees and ensuring the proper functioning of the departments.
- Working on Operational Excellence so that both delivery reliability and product quality remain at a very high level.
- Emphasis on developing the local management, coordination, cooperation, monitoring and control, in short Florensis is looking for a leader not for a boss.
- Increase the reliability KPI by continuous improvement year after year.
- Able to be a sparring partner for the local Agronomy Managers in terms of cultivation.
- Developing improvement points together with the corporate Technical Crop Manager to increase reliability for the future.
- Ensuring effective and efficient production of cuttings.
- Encourage local management to make proposals for decisions and to substantiate them.
- Reports to the General Manager of the farm.
Ambitious hands-on operational manager with a focus on cultivation, people and processes in Ethiopia
- A BSc/MSc graduation in Horticulture, Plant Sciences, Agronomy, Agribusiness, Farming or similar obtained through work experience and practice-oriented courses.
- Some knowledge about the growing process of plants and the production process of cuttings is required.
- At least 3 years of relevant and successful work experience, preferably in production horticulture.
- Knowledge of the European floriculture sector is an advantage.
- Good command of the English language in word and writing.
- Team player with a working method aimed at quality of both product and organization.
- Willing to live in Ethiopia for at least a number of years.
- Taking ownership and fulfilling an exemplary function is very normal for you.
- Able to objectively reflect on your own performance and apologize for mistakes made.
- Focus on fairness, on connection, knows how to motivate, stimulate and convince.
- Enterprising, decisive and takes initiative.
- Analytically strong, thinks solution-oriented and sees challenges instead of problems.
- Flexible and result-oriented.
- Has a pioneering mentality and can work independently.
- Stand firmly in your shoes, have a practical attitude and a no-nonsense mentality.
- Can give and receive constructive feedback.
Koka in Ethiopia.
Florensis offers a dynamic position within a pleasant working environment with a challenging perspective. Excellent employment conditions are available for the ideal candidate, including an expat package (insurance, housing, family travel, car).
Florensis has exclusively outsourced the Search and Selection for the vacancy of Manager Operations Ethiopia to CeresRecruitment.
For more information, please contact Danny Fiere. His telephone number is +31 (0)6-49 87 97 87. Applications only via www.ceresrecruitment.nl.
Extensive information about the company can be found at www.florensis.com.
A personality questionnaire is part of the procedure.