Top 5 - gisteren
- Nature's Pride neemt eerste avocado inpakrobot in gebruik
- Wie betaalt de miljoenenclaim voor de Suez-stremming?
- "Tekorten perziken en nectarines zullen zich naar verwachting vanaf week 26 aandienen"
- Jonge telers zien toekomst in combinatie asperges en snijheesters
- "FruitMasters wil naar meer inzicht in de keten"
Top 5 - afgelopen week
- Hessing neemt verspakketten van The Greenery over
- "Woning van medewerker De Groot in Hedel beschoten"
- "Dankzij onze nieuwe kassen kunnen we nog beter aan de vroege vraag naar rode bessen en frambozen voldoen"
- "Alle lichten op groen voor verdere stijging avocadoconsumptie in Europa"
- Groenenfruitig.nl maakt vliegende start
Top 5 - afgelopen maand
Farmmanager Breeding R&D Station
Has a tomato crop no secrets anymore for you? Is it an exciting challenge to become manager of a Breeding research station. On behalf of Totam Seeds we like to get in contact with you to make this dream come true,
Farmmanager Breeding R&D Station
analytical, leadership, cultivation experience in tomato
Location: ‘s Gravenzande, Westland, The Netherlands
Totam Seeds, part of the seed vegetables department from Mitsui Co. is an innovative, young and modern seed breeding company founded by growers for growers in 2010. To expand Totam’s operations, Mitsui will be partnering with the Prominent Group, the largest tomato agriculture cooperative in the Netherlands representing approximately 30% of the nation's tomato production. They are specialized in the development and selection of tomato seeds for professional cultivation in high tech greenhouses.
Totam Seeds have two main ambitions: develop superior quality tomato varieties with superior taste, high yield at a fair price! and establish solid and lasting partnership with our clients.
For their growing team we are looking for a highly motivated agronomical professional with management skills.
you will ensure, in direct relationship with breeders, the highest level of crop quality management to facilitate breeders in their plant selections and data collections at the Totam Seeds Research and Development (R&D) station. Using your technical knowledge and experience you will align with breeders and researchers to agree on crop objectives. You will be accountable for cultivation of crop varieties all over the site (including climate control, crop protection, nutrition, irrigation, pest control and equipment maintenance). You will be accountable for growing tomatoes trials and seed productions over 1,3 ha of greenhouses. You will ensure all tasks within the crop trials are executed in such a way that it's aligned with research and crop needs. You will be responsible for leading, motivating and coaching assigned team members and overseeing 3rd party labor workers that care for the crops. You are also responsible for local legal requirements, such as safety, inspections, and accident reporting. You will support the R&D team dynamics at the station, ensuring the way of working in the R&D farm is in line with Totam Seeds values and business conduct principles.
Your primary role is to ensure the daily functioning of all cropping operations and related employees. You are responsible for the management and general maintenance of the farm:
- .Supervises the fertilizing, planting, spraying, cultivating and harvesting procedures of crops;
- Directs and coordinates worker activities, such as planting, irrigation, chemical application, harvesting, grading, and recordkeeping;
- Coordinates growing activities with those of engineering, equipment maintenance, packing houses, and other related departments;
- Confers with services and materials providers and arranges purchase of materials (such as fertilizer, chemicals, mulch, wire, clips, etc.) and equipment;
- Records information, such as production, farm management practices, and prepares financial budget and operational reports;
- Inspects equipment to ensure proper functioning;
- Hires, discharges, transfers, and promotes workers, enforces safety regulations, and interprets policies.
Who is the ideal candidate
- You have a strong agriculture background, and have developed skills in planning, organization, and strong management skills;
- You are a dynamic person who takes initiative and recognizes opportunities;
- You have a creative, analytical, and systematic method of working;
- You are a natural communicator and connector;
- You are research minded and interested in working in the seed sector.
- You are organized and follow safety procedures;
- You can work independently, but you are also able to work in cross-functional teams;
- You are a problem solver who can bring teams together.
- Bachelor’s degree in horticulture, agronomy, or related area required;
- Requires a minimum of 7-10 years relevant work experience; MS in Project Management is a plus;
- Proven success and cultivation experience in tomatoes;
- Responsible for planning and budget;
- Must be able to operate and calibrate farm equipment, (climate) computer and related sytems like heating, Co2, irrigation and sprayers;
- Pesticide application license preferred or will need to obtain within 90 days of hire.
Offer Totam Seeds
A challenging position within a growing company and space for development, both within your own field and beyond. An informal, personal working atmosphere. They offer an excellent salary.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a really successful seed business. so if you are an experienced site manager / cultivation expert or you are ready to take the next step in your career. Then apply confidentially to or get in contact with Green Career Consult, via Mr. Johan Grootscholten, senior consultant, mobile: +31 (0)6 38976049.
Please sent your cover letter and cv by E-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Totam Seeds Company movie https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8CHCueeMOlY
About the Totam Seeds Shareholders
Prominent founded in 1995 is an innovative specialist in tomatoes, the 29 Prominent growers produce top tomato varieties all year round. They work together in packaging and develop knowledge to share, for example in the areas of cultivation, crop protection and energy.Cooperative Growers United is responsible for the sales, marketing and quality control of the tomatoes of the product.
Mitsui & Co. Ltd is a global conglomerate engaged in trading and investment activities. It has 16 business units, including the Nutrition and Agriculture Business Unit. Among its diverse business operations, Mitsui develops new hybrid seeds through its portfolio companies including Top Seeds International and Japan Vegetable Seeds (joint venture between Mitsui and Japanese seed companies; Nippon Norin Seed Co., Kurume Vegetable Breeding Co., Nanto Seeds Co., and Matsui Seeds Co.).