Laatste reactiesmeer »
- "Geen onderscheid tussen kromme en rechte komkommers" (5)
- Marokko springt in gat blauwe bessen (2)
- “PlanetProof dwingt handel tot meer transparantie” (1)
- Alleen nog plastic om komkommers (1)
- "Goede bakkleur industrie-aardappelen met ethyleen-bewaartechniek bewezen" (1)
- "Af-land uien moeten binnen drie tot vier dagen droog zijn" (1)
- Top 5 uitdagingen van aardappelbewaring (1)
- "Trostomaat truc om u tegen te zeggen" (3)
- Mechanisch koelen voorkomt uitdroging bij uien, aardappelen en peen (1)
- Fruithandelaar vrijgesproken van drugssmokkel in ananas (2)
Top-5 afgelopen week
Top-5 afgelopen maand
Weer & verkeer
Scientist/Consultant Post Harvest TechnologyAre you interested in innovative and practical solutions for fresh supply chains? In combating food waste in the supply chain? In improving product quality for the consumer? Would you like to work in an organisation where you get room and opportunities to learn, to develop and to turn challenges into successes together? Then let us know quickly that you want to strengthen our growing team!
We are looking for a skilful post-harvest researcher, full of initiative and with good communication skills, and affinity for finding innovative solutions for our clients. Together with your colleagues in the Post-Harvest Technology group, you conduct new research for our clients, pick up on the latest scientific developments and translate them into practical applications. You are in regular contact with companies, and advise them on long-term storage and post-harvest treatment of fresh products. You help them to improve the quality of their fresh products and to reduce the risks of damage. You do this by applying knowledge of product physiology and storage technology.
You are a team player who, together with your colleagues, carries out innovative and multi-disciplinary research to solve the problems that clients face in the area of post-harvest quality of fresh products. Sometimes you are the project manager, sometimes you work in the research team. In addition, you use your experience and network to support the sales team in acquiring new research projects. You enjoy carrying out part of your work abroad.
- You are a practically minded academic with strong communication skills (with a relevant degree, e.g. agricultural technology, horticulture or similar),
- You have experience or a strong affinity with research,
- You are enterprising, take the initiative, and have a strong focus on results,
- You have knowledge of post harvest physiology (ripening, aging, quality loss) and technology (cooling technology, CA storage) related to fresh products such as fruit, vegetables, flower and plants, and the willingness to continue to develop this knowledge,
- You are interested in the latest scientific developments, and know how to translate these to practical applications,
- You are capable of building and maintaining a network and client base,
- You have a good verbal and written command of Dutch and English.
We offerA job at a commercial organisation that will challenge you every day to provide our clients with the best possible solution. As Scientist/Consultant Post-Harvest Technology you will be part of an ambitious team working on a wide range of issues with plenty of scope for initiative. Personal input and responsibility are an integral part of our culture.
We offer a temporary position with an average working time of 36 hours per week. The contract is initially for the period of 1 year, with the possibility of a permanent employment contract in the future. Gross salary is € 4847,- maximum per month. We not only offer a competitive salary but also good (study) leave and a pension of the ABP Pension Fund.
More informationFor more information about this position, please contact Nicole Koenderink (R&D manager), telephone number +31 317 480 225 or Franck van der Geijn (consultant post-harvest technology), +31 317 481 318.
For more information about the contractual aspects, please contact Wilma Jansen (HRM department), email Wilma.firstname.lastname@example.org
Interested?You can apply online via this link until April 30, 2018.
We areWageningen Food & Biobased Research develops insights and technologies that support industries, governments, and research institutes to create innovative solutions for a healthier, more sustainable, and prosperous world. Together with our clients we develop healthy and tasty food, truly-sustainable food chains, and chemicals and materials that use biomass instead of fossil resources. Our in-depth knowledge of the entire chain, from raw materials through processing to end product, drives our approach.
We make smart connections between various disciplines to explore complex issues from different perspectives. Through a combination of intelligent analyses and pragmatic invention, we find solutions for these issues. Grounded in science and business, our researchers bring a no-nonsense attitude to their work. We investigate and develop at all stages: upscaling from lab to pilot and from initial idea to production processes that deliver real products for our customers. We have direct access to the latest scientific findings and have a firm grasp of what modern technology offers. Every day, we work with national and global companies, governments and other research institutes to create innovative solutions; now and in the future.
Wageningen Food & Biobased Research is one of the Contract Research Organizations of Wageningen University & Research, with the aim to explore the potential of nature to improve the quality of life. With approximately 30 locations, 5,000 members of staff and 10,000 students, Wageningen University & Research is a world leader in its domain. An integral way of working, and cooperation between the exact sciences and the technological and social disciplines are key to its approach. For further information about Wageningen Food & Biobased Research: http://www.wur.eu/wfbr.
For further information about working at Wageningen University & Research, take a look at http://www.wur.nl/en/Jobs.htm
Acquisitie naar aanleiding van deze vacature wordt niet op prijs gesteld.
Deel deze vacature